Prep 8 hrs
Cook 0 mins
This is a pretty good clone of Kraft Olive-Pimento Cheese that will cost you at least $1.50 for a 5 oz jar. Prep time includes time in the fridge.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7 ounce) jar pimento stuffed olives, drained and chopped, 1 tbsp juice reserved
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (preferably Lawry's MSG-free)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon & herb seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, flakes lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon brine, from olives, if needed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Beat cream cheese until almost starting to get fluffy.
- Combine all ingredients, except olive juice and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate, covered, overnight for flavors to develop and blend.
- Adjust texture and flavor with reserved olive juice and lemon juice.
- Serve with crackers or Melba toast, or use to stuff celery or on other raw veggies.
This was wonderful! I used salad olives, white pepper, and Philadelphia cream chees spread. Chopped the olives and other ingredients in the food processor (just pulsed it a few times), then added the cream cheese and let the food processor mix everything. So easy and so good.
I love this! Kraft is over $2.for 5oz. in my neck of the woods. The only change I made was to use 2 Tbsp. of chili sauce as I just made some for this recipe.... didn't add the ketchup. This is a great spread & makes enough to give some away if taking for a pot luck or a big get together. thanx
Just made thisand couldn't stop tasting! It is so good,can't wait until tonight.Thanks