Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick and simple appetizer that is surprisingly spicy and very tasty.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 1 baguette, sliced
- mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- In a food processor blend oil, nuts, and garlic.
- Add olives and blend until smooth.
- Spread on baguette slices and top with a slice of mozzarella cheese.
- Broil until melted.
This is wonderful! We did half black olives and half kalamata. The raw garlic is pretty strong but once you roast it in the oven to melt the cheese, it mellows the flavor. Definitely going to become a regular tapas menu item for us!
This was a perfect appetizer!!! Used some kalamata olives instead of black olives. Also used some Swiss cheese. This was delicious!! Can't wait to serve it to friends and family!! Thanks LizAnn! :)
This is delicious. I made a few changes (of course, which Zaar chef doesn't make a slight change or two?) but I don't think they affected the final product. I used green olives instead of black, and sliced challah instead of baguette. This made my DD (age 6) say "olive pizza bread is yummy" which she then rated as 15 stars. :-) Thanks, LizAnn.