Recipe by Annacia
These are appetizers or party finger food. Make ahead simple and very good. It asks for lettuce but I have never used it. The idea of limp lettuce isn't all that appealing to me.
Top Review by Engrossed
These are very TASTY spiral appetizers! I didn't read that I needed chive and onion cream cheese until I was ready to make it... so I made up my own and will now be posting that recipe! I think the cream cheese should be increased as it was barely noticeable...I also added some feta to it. I used half kalamata olives and half spanish green olives. I did use the lettuce but not the parsley. Mine sat overnight so the tortillas got a little soggy and the lettuce a little limp but they still tasted GREAT! They were also very BEAUTIFUL. I'm just not that good at getting the spirals to stay nice and neat. Anyhoo, I will be making this again with more cream cheese and perhaps spinach instead of lettuce. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 cup olive (pitted ripe or Greek, drained)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 (9 -10 inch) flour tortillas (any flavor)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (with chive and onion)
- lettuce leaf
- 1 cup purchased roasted red pepper, well drained and cut into thin strips
- fresh flat leaf parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor, combine olives, oil, capers, and lemon juice. Cover and process with several on/off turns until olives are very finely chopped.
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface.
- Spread one-third of the cream cheese over each tortilla, spread one-third of the olive mixture over each.
- Place several lettuce leaves on top of olive mixture.
- Arrange one-third of the pepper strips over lettuce on each tortilla.
- Roll up tortillas and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in the refrigerator for at least for 2 to 4 hours.
- To serve, slice each tortilla roll into seven slices.
- Arrange spirals on a serving platter.
- If desired, garnish with parsley.