Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A delectable appetizer of olives wrapped in a parmesan cheese pastry. A bit time consuming because of it having to be kept in the fridge for a while, BUT well worth it!
- 75 g self raising flour
- 75 g butter
- 50 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 25 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 20 stuffed olives
- Place butter and flour into a bowl. Rub together until it looks like bread-crumbs.
- Mix in both the cheeses, knead lightly to firm it together. Roll into a 20cm log. Wrap in cling film and place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Drain the olives well on kitchen towel. Unwrap pastry and cut into 20 pieces.
- Push thumb into the piece of pastry placing one olive in the centre and carefully wrapping the pastry around it making sure there are no gaps. Finish rolling on your pastry board with floured hands.
- When they are all done, refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 210-220°C for 10 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- Cool and serve with pre dinner drinks or a buffet.