Recipe by Chef Mommie
mmmm.. Can't you just smell and taste them. Delicious!
Top Review by realbirdlady
For me, these were ok to eat, but not anything I would make again. The flavor combination doesn't really make the best use of any of the key ingredients (olives, parmesan, or rosemary). The batter is very heavy. I had to form them into the tins as they were too thick to spoon, so if I were to make these again I would just shape them like biscuits.
- 2 1⁄2 cups self-rising flour
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups black olives (pitted and chopped)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary (finely chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425°F
- Brush a 12-cup standard muffin pan with melted butter or oil.
- Sift the flours and salt into a large bowl. Stir in the olives, parmesan and rosemary.
- Make a well in the center.
- Whisk eggs and milk together.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the well along with the butter.
- Stir with a metal spoon until just combined. Do not overmix, the mixture should be lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the center of a muffin.
- Cool the muffins in the pan for 5 minutes before lifting out onto a wire rack.