1/3 Photos of Olive, Parmesan and Roast Pepper Topped Rolls
I have to give credit to Steve Sickenbergers recipe for Pizza Dough #8497 for this one. I had some of his pizza dough left over frozen and thought what I could do with it, so I added some ingredients and made these rolls, which are great warm with some butter or sliced and filled with your favourite sandwich filling. They even work as an interesting alternative to a plain hamburger bun. The time it takes to rise is not included in the preparation time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 package fast rising yeast
- 473.18 ml warm water
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml salt
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml sunflower oil or 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 118.29 ml mild olive oil
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, grated
- 78.07 ml chopped kalamata olive (optional)
- 1419.54 ml flour
- 1In a mixing bowl combine the warm water, yeast, sugar, and salt and leave to stand until the yeast starts to bubble on the top.
- 2Add the olive and sunflower oil, as well as three cups of flower to the yeast mixture.
- 3Combine well, approximately 10 minutes, this is best done with a stand up mixer, but can be done by hand also.
- 4Add the remaining 3 cups of flour, the parmesan cheese and chopped olives and using the dough hooks of your mixer, knead until all the flour is mixed up well.
- 5Continue to knead the dough until it is smooth and it no longer sticks to the sides of the bowl, you might need to add a little more flour at a time until it's no longer sticky.
- 6Place the dough into an oiled bowl and cover with a clean tea towel.
- 7Place in a warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size, usually about one hour.
- 8Punch dough down, cover and allow to rise for a second time, again until roughly doubled in size.
- 9Divide the dough into six equal portions and shape into logs, roughly 3x5 inches.
- 10Place on a baking sheet, cover and allow to rise for a final time, approx 30 minutes.
- 11Preheat oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas 5.
- 12Brush the tops with olive oil, top with olives, peppers and onions (if you're using them) and top with parmesan cheese.
- 13Bake for approx 15 minutes until done.
- 14You can freeze the some of the dough after it has risen for the second time.
- 15After defrosting, form logs, allow to rise for approx one hour and continue as described above.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive, Parmesan and Roast Pepper Topped Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (289 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 831.6
- Calories from Fat 340
- Total Fat 37.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 1164.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 19.3 g