Even people that don't like spinach will like these gems. Lovely hors d'oevre or side dish. Try serving these at your next brunch
- Butter a cookie sheet with 1 tbsp butter and place mushroom caps, face up on it.
- In a large skillet heat butter and allow to melt.
- Add Onions and thyme.
- When onions begin to brown add chopped mushroom stems, spinach and bread crumbs.
- Continue to cook on medium to high heat until tender and moisture has evaporated approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat add parmesan, salt& pepper, stir well.
- Stuff each mushroom with filling, use all the filling.
- Sprinkle remaining butter over the caps.
- Bake 375F degrees oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Eat your heart out Barnacle Bill!