Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a recipe my Mom makes that came from Emeril LaGasse. She bakes a whole salmon and purees a head of cooked cauliflower in the blender. If you aren't sure you like salmon, you should really give this a try. This is definitely something to make when company's coming. Everyone will want the recipe. This is 5 stars plus. Thanks Mom and Thanks Emeril!
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, water, and salt over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is very soft, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain.
- Put the cauliflower, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the cream in a food processor and puree until smooth like creamed potatoes.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat and cook until it browns lightly, about 1 minute.
- Add the peas, stir gently, and cook for 1 minute.
- Spoon the pureed cauliflower in the center of each plate.
- Lay a piece of salmon on top of each and garnish with the peas.
I used the cauliflower puree in this recipe and served tilapia over it. Delicious and a great alternative to mashed potatoes.