This is a recipe my Mom makes that came from Emeril LaGasse. She bakes a whole salmon and purees a head of cooked cauliflower in the blender. If you aren't sure you like salmon, you should really give this a try. This is definitely something to make when company's coming. Everyone will want the recipe. This is 5 stars plus. Thanks Mom and Thanks Emeril!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine the cauliflower, water, and salt over high heat.
- 3Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and cook until the cauliflower is very soft, about 30 minutes.
- 4Remove from the heat and drain.
- 5Put the cauliflower, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and the cream in a food processor and puree until smooth like creamed potatoes.
- 6Season with salt and black pepper.
- 7Bake for 15 minutes.
- 8In a small skillet, heat the butter over medium heat and cook until it browns lightly, about 1 minute.
- 9Add the peas, stir gently, and cook for 1 minute.
- 10Spoon the pureed cauliflower in the center of each plate.
- 11Lay a piece of salmon on top of each and garnish with the peas.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oyl's Roasted Salmon With Cauliflower Puree
Serving Size: 1 (405 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 104.9 mg
- Sodium 122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 25.4 g