Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home - I have not tried this yet !!
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 green onions, sliced finely
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can olives, chopped
- 1 loaf French bread, unsliced
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Spread both halves with cheese mixture.
- Bake 350 F for 15 - 20 minutes till cheese melts.
- Cut each half into 8 slices.
This was delicious, rich and so full of flavor. I halved the recipe, and there was still more than enough filling to the half loaf of bread. (I have refrigerated it for later use.) This went together very quickly and transformed a run-of-the-mill loaf of bread into a great side dish. Definitely company-worthy! Made for ZWT8.