Recipe by redwine
A tasty easy quick bread, goes with just about any meal. I like to make it for something different when company comes.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was very unique and very tasty. I used pitted kalamata olives, which were really flavorful. The end result was rather cake-like in texture, with the sour cream mixture layer sitting on top. The onions were really nice and the overall result was very hearty. Thanks for sharing this! Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 2 cups biscuit mix (Bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3⁄4 cup black olives, sliced
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop parsley & set aside. Thinly slice onions.
- Mix biscuit mix with parsley & water. Spread into a 8x8-inch square pan.
- Sauté onions in butter until golden brown. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine sour cream, egg, dill weed, onions & olives.
- Spoon over bread mixture. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Cut into squares to serve.