Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Aglaia Kremezi. Use this oil to season steamed potatoes and grilled meat, poultry or fish. 1-2 weeks standing time.
- Rinse and dry the rosemary branches.
- Place them in a clean and absolutely dry 2-cup bottle with the peppercorns.
- Fill with the olive oil.
- Cover and keep in a cool, dark place for a week, shaking from time to time, before using.
- This oil will keep for 3-6 months stored in a cool, dark place.
- Note: Taste the oil at the end of the week.
- If you want a stronger flavour, pass the oil through a sieve, discard the rosemary and peppercorns, and repeat the procedure using fresh rosemary and peppercorns.
- Leave the herbs and spices in the bottle as you use the oil.
It`s like Christmas in a bottle. I just put it together and will be back to review it in a week or two. OK I`m back and it is delish. The flavors are very light but nice. Thanks.
What a great recipe! I had rosemary I needed to use, so gave it a try. Love the scent the rosemary gives this olive oil. I'm giving for gifts the Christmas, as well. Thank you!
Really love this fruity olive oil with the fresh rosemary (homegrown) and pink peppercorns. It's so pretty! I made a couple batches and will gift to my friends family and neighbors this year, for Christmas. Thanks for sharing, Evelyn!