Recipe by evelyn/athens
From Aglaia Kremezi. This oil is lovely drizzled on tomato salads and steamed or grilled vegetables. It is particularly good with steamed cauliflower and broccoli. 1 week standing time.
Top Review by Geema
This makes a powerful bottle of oil to enliven fresh vegetables of all kinds. I used it on some sweet ripe tomatoes and fresh mozzarella. I'm dreaming of making a pizza and drizzling this oil on top to fool the anchovy haters. I'll bet they lick their lips and ask for more. Great recipe Evelyn, as always.
- 4 anchovies packed in oil
- 1 fresh chili pepper, smashed lightly with back of knife
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the anchovies and pat dry with paper towels.
- Chop 1 of the anchovies and place in a clean and absolutely dry 2-cup bottle.
- Add the whole anchovies and the chili pepper.
- Fill the bottle with olive oil, cover, and let stand in a dark place for a week, shaking from time to time, before using.
- This oil will keep for 3-6 months, stored in a cool, dark place.