Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have not tried this recipe yet, but found it in Taste of Homes, a recipe that chef Jose Andres shared with the magazine. I want to share the recipe so I know where to find it when I'm ready to give it a whirl. I can't wait to try it and I will definately let ya'all know how it is, but please, tell me what you think of it if you give it a trial run first.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more if necessary
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate, preferably spanish, broken into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup honey, preferably Spanish lemon honey
- fresh mint leaves
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a mixing bowl. Whisk in the egg, buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until you hae a smooth batter, then stir in the chocolate pieces.
- Heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saute pan over medium-low heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of the pancake mixture into the pan and cook until golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown on the other side.
- To serve- drizzle with honey and garnish with mint.