Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I found this in a cake book I bought a few years ago. The pine nuts give this cake a different flavour.
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup mixed dried fruit
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- Grease a 7 in cake pan with a bit of butter and line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl and stir in the superfine sugar.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the orange juice and milk. Stir mixture with a wooden spoon, beating in the flour and sugar.
- Pour in the olive oil and stir until well mixed.
- Stir in the dried fruit and the pine nuts and spoon into the prepared pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F for about 45 minutes until firm to the touch and golden.
- Leave cake to cool before transferring to a wire rack.
- Serve warm or cold.
I absolutely loved it! I had my doubts while I was making it that it would turn out well, but it did! The cake is quite light! I used dried apricots and some candied fruit.