Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Recipe courtesy Giada De Laurentiis
Make and share this Olive Oil Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2⁄3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, for sifting
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Blend together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl to blend.
- Using an electric mixer beat the sugar, eggs, and zests in a large bowl until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in the vinegar and milk. Gradually beat in the oil.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended. Crush the almonds with your hands as you add them to the batter and stir until mixed.
- Fill the muffin tin almost to the top of the paper liners. Bake until golden on top and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the muffins onto a platter and let cool for 5 more minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over the muffins and serve.
I made this today and didn't realize it called for the balsalmic vinegar until after I had started it. I added it anyway and used a loaf pan instead. Delish!