I started making this years ago when it was suggested that my fresh eggs would make really good mayonnaise. I didn't like the idea of soybean oil so I used my olive oil. Here it is best to use standard salad olive oil and not virgin or extra virgin. I have also left out the garlic and onion powders when preparing it for a poppy seed sweet dressing and have used lime juice. It doubles easily.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put egg, salt and spices into a food processor.
- 2Add lemon juce and pulse a couple of times to blend.
- 3Turn the processor onto continuous mode and sloooowwwly pour the olive oil into the processor tube. Stream should be no larger than a pencil thick.
- 4When the stream is done continue to the count of five. Your done.
- 5Use in salads, sandwiches and anything calling for Mayonnaise.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1998.3
- Calories from Fat 1992
- Total Fat 221.4 g
- Saturated Fat 31.4 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 2400.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g