Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I started making this years ago when it was suggested that my fresh eggs would make really good mayonnaise. I didn't like the idea of soybean oil so I used my olive oil. Here it is best to use standard salad olive oil and not virgin or extra virgin. I have also left out the garlic and onion powders when preparing it for a poppy seed sweet dressing and have used lime juice. It doubles easily.
- 1 egg (fresh is best)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (Fresh is best)
- 1 cup olive oil
- Put egg, salt and spices into a food processor.
- Add lemon juce and pulse a couple of times to blend.
- Turn the processor onto continuous mode and sloooowwwly pour the olive oil into the processor tube. Stream should be no larger than a pencil thick.
- When the stream is done continue to the count of five. Your done.
- Use in salads, sandwiches and anything calling for Mayonnaise.