Recipe by litldarlin
These are so easy to make and even better to eat.I use the Yukon Gold Potatoes, but you can use just about any brand of potatoes that you have. Make sure you use the entire part of the scallions.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into chunks
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped scallion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes, garlic, and salt into a large saucepan and add enough water to cover the potatoes.
- Place over high heat and boil the potatoes until soft, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes and garlic from the heat, drain them and return them to the pan.
- Mash the potatoes and garlic with the tines of a fork, making sure to mash each piece of potato and garlic.
- Add the pepper, scallions, and olive oil and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- NOTE: The potatoes can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave on HIGH for 1-2 minutes.