Prep 12 mins
Cook 10 mins
Oh so easy and quick. Heres a very basic potato recipe that can be dressed up in many wany if you feel it's to plain.
- 1 lb russet potato (peeled or not as you prefer)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Combine potatoes with water, oil, garlic, and salt in a 10-inch nonstick skillet and bring to a simmer.
- Cover skillet and briskly simmer, shaking skillet occasionally, until potatoes are tender and most of water is absorbed, 10 to 12 minutes.
These were good to just put in the pan and not worry too much about them. I halfed/quartered my potatoes and made as directed. Made for 123Hits.
I cubed these, and found that the water disappeared more rapidly with the cover on than with it off. Very easy, and has the flavor of smothered potatoes. Thanks for posting!
YES, YES, YES! We loved these Bethie! A simple way of preparing spuds but with such panache! Used extra virgin olive oil and fresh parsley for a garnish. Left my skins on for extra fibre and colour and dressed them with a little extra olive oil! A great way of making spuds - merci ma leeetle petits pois! Made for Veg'N'Swap in the veggie forum and Spanish Garlic in the Spain Forum. FT:-)