Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
For pasta from Real Simple magazine, May, 2007. Haven't made this yet. You can upgrade this dish with sausage and red bell pepper. Just heat 1 tbsp. olive oil over medium-high heat. Add l lb. Italian sausage with the back of a wooden spoon, until it's browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add 1 large bell pepper (cut into 1/2 pieces) and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add to the pasta with olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper and toss to combine.
- 1 lb dry pasta
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh parsley, flat leaf, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to directions.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, making sure it doesn't brown.
- Add pasta water, red pepper flakes, salt and parsley and bring to a boil.
- Toss with the cooked pasta.
I used this over pasta.Which was very pretty. My husband and I liked it. If I was to do it again and I probably will I'll only use half the amount of peppers, it was a little hotter than I thought it would be. I also used a bit less parsley than called for.
I had leftover meatballs from http://www.recipezaar.com/117658 and didn't feel like having it with a tomato based sauce again. So I made this and it was yummy! I LOVE garlic and reduced the amount of EVOO by 1/4 cup and added a splash of white wine instead just because. :) Thanks for posting Oolala!
i could eat this every nite of the week and never tire of it. excellent; quick, easy and healthy too. served over organic bowtie noodles. i made two batches; one for myself with the hot peppers and one without for my daughter. she wanted broccoli added to hers so i did and both were super. thanks for sharing.