Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This is a healthy substitute for butter.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup olive
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat bread, cut in squares
- Pour the olive oil in a plate.
- Dip the bread squares in the olive oil.
- Serve the olives on the side.
- The flavor of the dip can be enriched by adding to the olive oil chopped garlic clove, bay leaf and oregano.
Found more than a handful of finger food recipes that I made for one of the monthly groups I host, & this was one of them! Extremely simple & fast, & a delight when served with the nutty, whole grain bread cubes that I set out! A keeper recipe, for sure! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]