1/2 Photos of Olive Oil Bread
1 hr 5 mins
Again, I don't know where I found this, it's been saved on my laptop for years. It's another great recipe, and goes really well as a starter served along with a platter of fresh basil leaves, sliced tomato and mozzarella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl mix together the warm water, yeast, sugar, salt, and olive oil.
- 2Stir in 2 cups of the flour in order to make a soft ball.
- 3Knead in additional flour so that dough is soft and not sticky.
- 4Place kneaded dough in a medium size greased bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- 5Punch down dough, and form into ball or loaf shape.
- 6Place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- 7Cover and let rise for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 8Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- 9Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Oil Bread
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1616.3
- Calories from Fat 498
- Total Fat 55.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1952.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 240.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g