Recipe by Queen Dragon Mom
This is one of those recipes that is so obvious that you think, "why didn't I think of it?" From FoodTV, Michael Ciarello.
- 2 medium idaho potatoes, washed, skin on, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- gray salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 garlic cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Put the potato slices on the hot grill and cook for about 2 minutes on each side to mark them. Remove from the grill and place them in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add enough olive oil to reach 1/3 up the sides of the potatoes.
- Turn the potatoes over to coat with the oil. Scatter the thyme and garlic cloves over the potatoes, sprinkle with a little more salt, if desired, and place in the oven.
- After about 15 to 20 minutes, the potatoes will be tender.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool in the oil. Serve at room temperature.