Recipe by I'mPat
From Recipes+ looks like a lovely savoury scone/biscuit that would go well with soups or just on their own as a savoury snack. Have not included 1 hour chilling time.
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup instant polenta (cornmeal)
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded devided)
- 2 tablespoons rosemary (leaves coarsely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a food processor process flour, polenta, 1/2 cup parmesan, rosemary and salt until well combinted.
- Add oil in a thin stream processing until a soft dough forms.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- Shap into a 3cm thick log and wrap in baking paper and chill for 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 160C (140C fan forced).
- Grease and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut log into 1cm thick slices and place on prepared tray (biscuits don't spread, but leave a little room).
- Press remaining parmesan into top of biscuits.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until lightly coloured.
- Remove from oven and cool completely on trays (biscuits will firm).