Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nearly naked pasta recipe! Great as a side dish or main dish.If desired throw in some sauteed spinach or other veggies.Don't cheat and use the pre minced garlic in a jar...it's water packed and not nearly as flavorful as fresh garlic.
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- crushed red pepper flakes, season to taste (optional)
- grated romano cheese or parmesan cheese, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- while pasta is cooking, mince garlic.
- Add minced garlic to olive oil and spices, stir to blend.
- Drain pasta and toss with olive oil mixture.
- top with a grated hard cheese such as romano or parmesan.
This was just ok. So absolutely bland so I added salt. Other than that....Very good! My boyfriend hated it. Sorry...
YUM! Fast, easy, and so delicious!This is a good dish to make when company is coming! Heart healthy too. You will be suprised that something so simple can taste this good!