Recipe by Charlotte J
Here is a simple idea for a grilled snack. In addition to the olive oil and garlic this grilled bread snack gets a kick from red pepper flakes.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
I really liked the flavor of this bread, but I agree it's not really a bruschetta, but it is very tasty. I liked the idea of cooking the garlic in the oil before adding to the bread. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 pinch chili peppers or 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices thick country bread, preferably sourdough
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the garlic cloves lengthwise into paper-thin slices.
- Warm a small skillet over a medium flame.
- Add the 1/3 cup olive oil and the garlic.
- Stirring constantly, cook until the garlic is aromatic and golden (don't let it brown, as it will be bitter).
- Remove the skillet from the flame and stir in the chili or red pepper flakes and parsley.
- Cover and set aside.
- Grill the bread on both sides until lightly browned and crisp, then sprinkle with olive oil.
- Spoon the garlic-olive oil mixture over each slice.
- Serve immediately.