Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great change-of-pace sandwich. I originally got the idea from www.worldwiderecipes.com, though I've made some changes. For example, the recipe there called for parsley, which I changed to lettuce because I like the texture that lettuce adds -- and because I don´t usually keep parsley on hand!
- 2 slices whole wheat bread (or try rye or pumpernickel)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 6 pimento stuffed olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pecan halves, chopped (or use walnuts)
- 1⁄3 cup lettuce, very finely chopped
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spread on the cream cheese, then top with olive slices, chopped nuts, and lettuce chopped as finely as you can get it.
- Cut in two from corner to corner, and serve.