Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my Nanny's favorite holiday breads. This needs to stand for 20 minutes before baking, so I do not preheat my oven until I have put the dough in the pan, that way the oven is ready right as the dough is ready to go in. My Grandpa loaves this toasted and spread with cream cheese.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup stuffed green olive, sliced
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- Sift together in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the milk and egg. Add this to the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened.
- Stir in olives, walnuts, and pimento. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into greased and floured 9x5x3 loaf pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Let the bread stand in pan for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.