Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
try something new next chanukah!
Make and share this Olive Latkes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups pitted finely chopped olives (i used kalamata and large greek green)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 -2 tablespoon water, if needed
- sour cream or plain yogurt, for garnish
- put the olives in a food processor and chop.
- squeeze out as much moisture as possible.
- set aside.
- heat 1/4 c olive oil and saute onions and garlic until golden.
- add to olives.
- mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cumin in a bowl.
- add beaten eggs.
- add olive onion mixture.
- add water if batter is too thick.
- heat 1/4 c olive oil in skillet, add batter by ladlefuls, and cook 4 at a time for 3-4 minutes per side.
- remove, keep warm, and cook additional latkes.
- garnish with sour cream.
These were good! The cumin gave them a nice flavor. I halved the recipe easily. With the sour cream it was just a little bland, so I used barbeque sauce. Thanks chia, for a new, interesting recipe!