Recipe by death_by_parsnip
I hate wasting the juice that is packed with black olives since I am such an olive fan. I use the "juice" to make bread. This is my favorite recipe so far.
Top Review by Me & Mr. Jones
Yum! I used the juice from my Pearl brand Burgundy Caesar Parmesan olives. I only had one cup's worth of olive juice, so I did 1/4 cup of water for the total amount of liquid required. I also threw in a little chopped garlic. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1 1⁄4 cups olive juice or 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the ingreadients to your bread machine according to its instructions. Add water to the olive juice until you get 1 1/4 cups of liquid. I prefer the rosemary, but it is optional.
- You can either bake the bread in your bread machine or in the oven.
- To bake in the oven, use the dough setting on the bread machine. Place the bread in a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan, cover with a towel and let rise for an extra 30 minutes or so. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.