Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Delicious! Came from Feb. 2005 Women's Day magazine. Looks very attractive drizzled with olive oil and garnished with chopped parsley.
- 4 medium baking potatoes, peeled & cut into quarters
- 3 medium garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive, pitted & chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the potatoes and garlic gently in boiling water for 25 minutes (or until tender).
- Reserve 2/3 cup of the cooking water.
- Drain potatoes and return to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes and galic with a potato masher(or beat with hand held mixer on medium high speed), adding olive oil and reserved cooking water.
- Stir in cheese, olives, salt and pepper.