Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1 (7 ounce) package goat cheese
- 1⁄3 cup pitted black olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh oregano
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 lb whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked according to package directions
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 small zucchini, diced
- 2 small summer squash, diced
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Mix goat cheese, olives, thyme, basil, oregano, and garlic in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Spread 1 cup pasta sauce on bottom of a 9” x 13” baking dish.
- Add a layer of cooked lasagna and season with black pepper.
- Add a layer of zucchini, squash, and red pepper. Drop spoonfuls of goat cheese mixture over vegetables and spread to cover.
- Repeat layers, finishing with pasta and sauce. Make sure any noodles on top are covered in sauce so they do not dry out during baking.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Cover with foil and bake for 60 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Uncover and bake 5 minutes or until top browns. Let stand 10 minutes; serve immediately.