Recipe by Sharon123
I just got back from visiting my sister. She has some great cookbooks, so I spent some time perusing. I love tea with lemon in it. This is from America's Most Wanted Recipes Cookbook by Ron Douglas. I have changed it just a bit to my taste.
Top Review by Realtor by day, Chef by night
This was a great recipe for tea. I multiplied it by a ton and made enough to fill a 2.4 gallon glass beehive shaped serving container for a party. Everyone loved it- even the kids. Thanks Sharon!
- 236.59 ml water
- 236.59 ml sugar
- lemon juice
- 118.29 ml lemon syrup
- 473.18 ml cold freshly brewed decaffinated tea
- 2 lemon wedges (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the lemon syrup:.
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add lemon juice to taste.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
- To make the Tuscan tea:.
- Mix 1/2 cup lemon syrup with the cold tea.
- Serve in 2 tall glasses, over ice.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.