I just got back from visiting my sister. She has some great cookbooks, so I spent some time perusing. I love tea with lemon in it. This is from America's Most Wanted Recipes Cookbook by Ron Douglas. I have changed it just a bit to my taste.
- To make the lemon syrup:.
- Heat the water and sugar in a saucepan until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, and add lemon juice to taste.
- Store in a covered jar in the refrigerator.
- To make the Tuscan tea:.
- Mix 1/2 cup lemon syrup with the cold tea.
- Serve in 2 tall glasses, over ice.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.