Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Tortellini Bolognese.
Make and share this Olive Garden Tortellini Bolognese recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs mushroom tortellini or 2 lbs three-cheese tortellini or 2 lbs spinach tortellini
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 8 ounces ground beef
- 6 ounces Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 cup red wine (Valpolicella recommended)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Italian plum tomatoes, chopped and crushed
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated (optional)
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add celery, carrot, onion, garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add beef and sausage to saucepan. Using spatula, break meat into small pieces. Cook 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and stir to deglaze pan; reduce until wine is evaporated. Add tomatoes and remaining ingredients. Simmer slowly for 1 hour.
- Cook tortelloni according to package directions and drain. Toss hot pasta in sauce. Top with parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.