Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 2 (6 inch) prepared pizza crust
- 4 green onions, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) jar marinara sauce (your favorite)
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese, grated
- 10 slices pepperoni
- 16 black olives, pitted and cut into halves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (garnish)
- 2 basil leaves, chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place washed green onion, yellow and red pepper onto grill. Allow to grill for approximately 5 minutes or until grill marks are visible. Remove from grill and set aside. Once peppers are cool enough to handle, remove skin and cut into 1” pieces.
- Prepare toppings and divide in half. Spread half of marinara sauce on each crust. Sprinkle green onions, peppers, olives and pepperoni over crusts. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan. Sprinkle tops with oregano and basil.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 8 to 10 minutes until filling is hot and cheese has melted. Cut each pizza into 6 wedges.