Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
We LOVE Olive Garden's stuffed mushrooms and were thrilled to find this recipe at the Copykat website!
- 8 -12 fresh mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can clams (drained and finely minced, save 1/4 cup of clam juice for stuffing)
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, cooled
- 2 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely grated mozzarella cheese (for stuffing)
- 1⁄4 cup finely grated mozzarella cheese (for garnish)
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- fresh parsley (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a small baking dish.
- Gently wash and stem mushrooms; pat dry (Save stems for another recipe).
- Combine clams, onions, garlic salt, minced garlic, butter and oregano in a bowl and mix well.
- Add Italian bread crumbs, egg, clam juice, mixing well.
- Add Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella cheeses to the clam stuffing and mix well.
- Place approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons of the clam stuffing mixture inside mushroom cavity and slightly mound (You should be able to stuff between 8- 12 mushrooms depending on the size of mushrooms).
- Place the stuffed mushrooms in slightly oiled baking dish and pour 1/4 cup melted butter over the top of the mushrooms.
- Cover and place in oven for about 35- 40 minutes.
- Remove cover; sprinkle the 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese on top and pop back in oven just so the cheese melts slightly.
- Garnish with freshly diced parsley.
- Serve hot.
Great For Our Family! Thank you for providing this recipe. It was the base that I was looking for so that I would get a decent flavor out of these. I did do my mushrooms slightly different but for the most part followed this recipe in all the areas that mattered. I did not truly measure but here is what I did: I used 12 Stuffing Mushrooms and probably could have filled 6 more. I did use 1 bunch of green onions instead of 1 green onion and I did not use an egg. I used about 3 cloves of garlic minced instead of the dried. I also subbed Italian Cheese from Kraft for the combo of cheeses and I used 3/4 of a bag in my recipe. I added 2-4 TBS of Cream Cheese Softened as well and I used 1 pkg of Imitation Crab Meat with great results. I used No clam juice either. I added everything into my food processor (first the crab meat-processed-then the onions-processed-then the remaining incredients-processed unitl it was a good consistency -small pieces but not chunky) and I removed it from the food processor once everything was processed and combined together and I filled the mushroom caps with the filling heaping. I drizzled the butter and made sure that the pan had a little olive oil greased on the bottom of it as well. Turned out wonderful! I would like to maybe jazz it up once just for fun sometime with some different ingredients. Thank you again Molly this was fun to play with and especially to eat. My husband loves stuffed mushrooms
Very nice recipe, thank you for posting. Have made it about half a dozen times and it is always appreciated. I like to add a few tablespoons of crab meat to it, gives it an interesting flavor. Also like to top it with mozzerella or an italian cheese mix the last five minutes of baking. So good.
Tastes just like Olive Gardens stuffed mushrooms! Instead of buying all the different cheeses I bought Krafts pre-shredded bag of 5 Italian Cheeses and it worked perfectly.