Serve with your favorite mashed potato recipe.
Make and share this Olive Garden Stuffed Chicken Marsala recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup smoked provolone cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, flakes if in oil drain first
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cooking oil
- 2 cups flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 cups button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 24 ounces marsala wine or 24 ounces beef broth
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stuffing:Combine all cheese stuffing ingredients in a bowl.
- Chicken:Butterfly thickest section to create two lobes.Place pounded chicken breasts on a plate and place desired amount of stuffing on one half of chicken breast.
- Gently press stuffing down and fold over other side of chicken breast. Preheat a large sauté pan on stove top. Add 4 oz. oil; heat oil until shimmering.
- Place approximately 2 cups flour in a pan and season it to taste with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess flour. Place stuffed chicken breasts in sauté pan with the preheated oil.
- Cook each side until golden. When chicken is seared on both sides remove them from sauté pan and place them in a baking pan and into the oven for 10-20 minutes.
- Bake until juices run clear and stuffing and center reach a temperature of at least 165°.
- Sauce: Add the onions to the sauté pan. Stir with spatula. After 2 minutes add the mushrooms; sauté mixture until onions are translucent. Deglaze sauté pan with the marsala wine (make sure to incorporate particles from bottom of pan). Bring wine to a simmer and add heavy cream. Simmer sauce on low heat until reduced by half.
- Place cooked chicken breast on a plate and top with onions, mushrooms and sauce.