Member #610488's Note:
This is a copycat recipe for Olive Garden's Steak Toscano. Prep time does not include allowing steak to come to room temp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a sauce pan, heat the oil on medium heat for 5 minutes. Add the spice mixture, making sure to crush mixture between fingers before adding. Take off heat and allow to infuse until ready to cook.
- 2Bring the steaks to room temperature 1 hour before cooking.
- 3Pre-heat the oven grill to 500F with the rack on the position nearest to the grill - it needs to pre-heat a minimum of 15 minutes to be really hot.
- 4Put the broiler pan in the oven to get it hot.
- 5Broil with the door of the oven slightly open otherwise it will cook the meat with the meat's humidity and it won't have the crispiness of a grilled steak. Depending on how you like your meat, cook for more or less time. Start checking after 5 minutes.
- 6While meat is broiling, warm the oil.
- 7Turn the steak over to grill the other side and allow to cook. Remove from the grill and put on the cutting board. Using a marinade brush, brush each steak with the oil until coated and then either slice the steak thinly or serve whole. Put each steak on warmed serving plates.
- 8Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Steak Toscano
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.6
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning