Recipe by Kritty
I absolutely love this dip! I got it from the Olive Garden website.
Top Review by laughingdogs
This is the BEST spinach artichoke dip ever! Took it to a party last night and it disappeared immediately. I made it as written except for dried herbs and garlic instead of fresh and canned artichokes. This blows all other spinach artichoke dips away!!! Make it, you won't be disappointed!!
- 2 fresh artichokes
- 1 lemon, juice of, squeezed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1 lb cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh thyme leave
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 5 green onions, chopped
- ground black pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh spinach, chopped
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- extra virgin olive oil (to drizzle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Artichoke Preparation:.
- TRIM off stems and dry leaf ends.
- BOIL artichokes in 3 quarts water with 1 tsp salt and lemon juice for 30 minutes.
- COOL artichokes. Clean, peel, remove center “choke” (the hairy part) and slice artichoke.
- FOLLOW Dip Preparation steps below.
- Dip Preparation:.
- MIX all ingredients in a large bowl, except bread and extra virgin olive oil.
- COAT a large non-stick baking pan with pan spray; fill pan with mixture. Bake at 325ºF for about 25 minutes or until bubbling and center is hot.
- DRIZZLE both sides of bread with extra virgin olive oil. Grill bread on both sides.
- SPRINKLE top of heated dip with parmesan cheese. Serve hot with grilled bread.