Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 1⁄4 cups Chardonnay wine
- 14 ounces tomatoes, peeled and pureed
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1 bunch parsley, washed and finely chopped (garnish)
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add clove of garlic and diced onion and allow to brown - DO NOT BURN. Add drained tuna and brown. Sprinkle tuna with Chardonnay wine and allow to reduce. Add tomatoes and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain pasta, retaining some of the water. Add drained pasta to sauce immediately.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.