Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I fiddled around with the original copy cat recipe until I got it where I wanted it and it tastes even better. Add more jelly and onion soup, if desired, but I found that more was too much.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can V8 vegetable juice
- 1 (750 ml) jarragu original spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 envelope onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup grape jelly
- 1 -2 can mushroom, drained
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- Brown meat in oil.
- Drain and run under hot water to get rid of excess fat.
- Combine meat in a pot with rest of ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat;reduce heat and simmer 20-25 minutes.
I didn't cook this recipe, BUT Olive Garden's meat sauce has sausage. Always has.
They even has the little disclaimer (**Our meat sauce is made with with pan-seared beef and Italian sausage.) on their menu.
This recipe was quite the surprise! I must admit I was very skeptical as I shopped for the ingrediants ( grape jelly you say??) This is very, very good! I used sliced fresh mushrooms instead of canned ones and sauteed them separately in a little olive oil before adding them to the sauce. This is a keeper!