1/1 Photo of Olive Garden Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
I had this appetizer last night and could not rest until I found a recipe for it! This is outstanding, you will love it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced into 1/4 inch slices (such as ciabatta or semolina)
- 1 cup sour cream (Do not substitute light or fat free)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese or 3 cups smoked mozzarella cheese, cheese*
- 3 cups shredded smoked provolone cheese or 3 cups provolone cheese, cheese*
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated romano cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- 2Arrange sliced Italian bread flat on a baking sheet and cover with foil. Set aside until ready to use.
- 3Combine sour cream, thyme, red pepper, cayenne pepper and four cheeses in a large bowl and blend thoroughly.
- 4IF SERVING FAMILY-STYLE:.
- 5Spray an 8x10-inch casserole dish with pan spray, then use a spatula to transfer the mixture.
- 6FOR INDIVIDUAL SERVINGS:.
- 7Spray eight individual heat-resistant serving bowls, such as souffle cups, with pan spray and fill each with 1/2 cup of mixture. Place individual bowls on a baking sheet. Using a large spoon, spread cheese mixture to create an even surface.
- 8TO BAKE:.
- 9Place casserole dish or baking sheet with individual bowls on center rack in oven.
- 10After five minutes, place baking sheet with bread, still covered, on top rack in oven. Bake for an additional five minutes. Remove bread and fonduta from oven.
- 11TO SERVE:.
- 12Garnish casserole dish with diced tomatoes and parsley in center of fonduta or divide evenly among smaller bowls. Arrange bread slices around bowl(s) and serve immediately.
- 13*This recipe calls for one of these two cheeses to be smoked and one to be regular).
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Smoked Mozzarella Fonduta
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 473.0
- Calories from Fat 275
- Total Fat 30.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 991.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 27.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: