Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a copycat recipe of Olive Garden's Seafood Torcello.
- 1 lb cod fish fillet
- 6 ounces clams, drained and chopped
- 6 ounces shrimp, deveined, deshelled
- 6 ounces crabmeat
- 6 ounces radiatore or 6 ounces spiral shaped pasta, cooked
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine (preferably not a dry one)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Bake the cod fillets, uncovered, for 5 to 6 minutes, only until the cod flakes easily. Remove from the oven immediately to prevent overcooking. When cooled, break the fillets in half, lengthwise, and then break each half into approximately 1inch pieces and set aside.
- In a heavy non-aluminum 3-qt pot, melt the butter, add the flour and cook on moderate heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly with a wire whisk. Do not allow the flour to brown. Add the milk and salt and bring to just below the boiling point, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and keep warm (180F).
- Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat until fragrant, then sauté the garlic only until white throughout. Add the sautéed garlic to the warm béchamel sauce.
- Add the sherry to the pan in which the garlic was sautéed, simmer strongly for 1 minute, and then add it to the warmed sauce. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
- Bring saute pan back to medium heat and dry saute clams, shrimp, and crab meat for 2-3 minutes. Add cod and saute for 1 minute more. Pan ingredients should be fairly hot.
- Place the béchamel/garlic/pasta/sherry mix back onto low heat for a few minutes, then add the cooked cod, clams, shrimp, crabmeat and chopped parsley to the warm béchamel sauce and blend all ingredients thoroughly. Serve immediately.