1 hr 30 mins
Kit^..^ty Of Canada's Note:
I use shrimp and scallops only. I am unable to obtain crawfish and do not care for mussels. I also use this sauce with chicken & veal. Dh says this tastes like Olive Garden's Seafood Portofino.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces butter
- 4 ounces yellow onions, 1/4-inch dice
- 4 ounces rue
- 16 fluid ounces milk
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 ounces shrimp stock
- 1/2 fluid ounce Old Bay Seasoning
- 16 fluid ounces white wine
- 1 1/2 ounces garlic paste
- 1Make the roux (heat vegetable oil on medium/high, add flour, stir continuously until oil flour mixture browns).
- 2If you see black flecks in roux it is burnt & you must start over.
- 3The amount of oil I used was equal to the amount of roux required by the recipe.
- 4For instance, the original recipe calls for 4 oz of roux.
- 5So 8 tbsp oil (I use butter) and 8 tbsp white flour.
- 6Set aside.
- 7Remaining roux freezes beautifully.
- 8Make shrimp stock.
- 9If you are using head on shrimp, set aside the heads and shells and boil with just enough water to cover.
- 10After boiling 10mins. Discard heads and shells and use the remaining shrimp stock in the amount required by the recipe.
- 11Melt Butter on medium heat.
- 12Add diced onion and garlic puree cover but stir occasionally.
- 13After diced onions are sauteed add white wine and uncover.
- 14Turn up heat to high until boiling then back down to medium.
- 15Cook 5 minutes on medium.
- 16Now stir in roux and shrimp stock and Old Bay Seasoning. Cook 3 minutes.
- 17Now add milk and heavy cream.
- 18Turn heat on high just until mixture starts to boil.
- 19Turn on medium/low, cover stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 20After 5 minutes, the Sauce is ready. I turned heat to low while I prepared the seafood.
- 21Heat oil in saute pan over medium flame.
- 22Put mushrooms in cook 30 seconds.
- 23Add mussels and cook 30 seconds.
- 24Add seafood.
- 25Cook 30 seconds.
- 26Flip cook 15 seconds more.
- 27Add portofino sauce 3oz.
- 28cook until bubbling throughout.
- 29Move mushrooms and seafood to one side of pan.
- 30Add linguine to other side.
- 31Using tongs, coat pasta with sauce. (mussels should be open).
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Seafood Portofino Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2633.7
- Calories from Fat 1381
- Total Fat 153.5 g
- Saturated Fat 91.1 g
- Cholesterol 654.1 mg
- Sodium 924.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 118.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 55.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning