1/1 Photo of Olive Garden Seafood Portofino - Lower Fat!
This is a good slimmed down version of Olive Garden's Seafood Portofino copycat. It doesn't come out quite as buttery flavored, but it is still super creamy and flavorful. If you like, add some other veggies to this sauce. I think that broccoli and peas are both great with this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 56.69 g light butter
- 59.14 ml yellow onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml clam juice
- 236.59 ml white wine
- 236.59 ml skim milk
- 236.59 ml fat-free half-and-half
- 28.34 g shrimp stock (try Shrimp Stock)
- 4.92 ml Old Bay Seasoning
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 1PORTOFINO SAUCE:.
- 2Start by getting your ingredients ready. Dice the onion.
- 3Melt butter on medium heat. Add diced onion and garlic, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- 4Add white wine. Turn up heat to high until boiling then back down to medium. Cook 5 minutes on medium.
- 5Stir in clam juice, shrimp stock, and Old Bay Seasoning.
- 6Stir together milk and half-and-half. Add cornstarch to this mixture, 1 tablespoon at first. Stir milk mixture in slowly, allowing the sauce to thicken. Add about half at first, slowly, while stirring.
- 7If you'd like a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch to milk mixture. Continue to add milk mixture slowly, making sure that sauce is the desired thickness.
- 8The sauce is now ready! It can be store for up to one week in the refrigerator. I like to freeze it in ice cube trays and use whenever I like.
- 9Seafood Portofino:.
- 10Heat oil in saute pan over medium flame. Put mushrooms inches Cook 2 minutes.
- 11Add mussels, and cook 30 seconds.
- 12Add shrimp, crawfish, and scallops. Cook until heated through, stirring.
- 13Add portofino sauce; cook until bubbling throughout.
- 14Move mushrooms and seafood to one side of pan. Add linguine to other side. Using tongs, coat pasta with sauce (mussels should be open).
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Olive Garden Seafood Portofino - Lower Fat!
Serving Size: 1 (479 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.0
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 221.9 mg
- Sodium 1114.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 46.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning