Recipe by Michelle S.
I found this recipe on a website somewhere. My friends and I used to go to Olive Garden on Fridays just to get this soup....FORGET the salad! It may seem abit tedious but it's really not. I sometimes use imitation crabmeat AND throw in some extra baby shrimp.
Top Review by PanNan
I have to admit, I was a little worried about using the Newburg mix, but no need. This recipe is really good and very mild. I liked the flavor of the green onions added at the end. I used lump crab meat which was wonderful in this dish. The pasta made it a very filling dish - we just had a salad with it. The next day, I needed to add a little milk, because it had thickened overnight, but it was still delicious.
- 6 ounces small shell pasta
- 3 ounces crabmeat
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (1 ounce) packages newburg sauce mix
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Sort through crab if using fresh for shell.
- Melt butter in 3 quart.
- non aluminum saucepan.
- Add mushrooms; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce mix; stir well.
- Add milk, water, and wine; stir well with a wire whisk until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat simmer 5- 8 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add green onions, pasta and crabmeat; stir to combine.
- Heat through, about 2- 3 minutes.