Recipe by Katherine's #1 Fan
After many, many glasses of Sangria, the Olive Garden bartender finally caved and gave me the recipe. It has been loved by many.
Top Review by Platonic_331
i do agree it is a bit too sweet if you use the full amount of simple syrup also i used a char instead of lambrusco and a no sugar cran juice if you want a real kick to the drink try a port wine most are about 19 percent alcohol but are sweet so adjust simple syrup to taste
- 1 (1 1/2 liter) bottleof riunite lambrusco wine
- 10 ounces sweet vermouth
- 12 ounces grenadine
- 16 ounces cranberry juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- orange, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- First, make the simple syrup by boiling the water and sugar. I usually boil them for about 15-20 minutes while stirring constantly. Allow this to cool to room temperature.
- Stir the wine, sweet vermouth, grenadine, cranberry juice and simple syrup together. Add a slice of orange to the glass to make it pretty. Then add a splash of 7-Up right before serving.
- Repeat all night!