Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
My whole family loves Olive Garden's Salad! There are already a couple of recipes here for the dressing, so here is a recipe for the salad itself.
- 1 (12 ounce) bagiceberg garden salad
- 1⁄4 small red onion, sliced paper-thin
- 6 -12 pitted black olives
- 6 mild pepperoncini peppers
- 1 -2 small roma tomato, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup crouton
- Italian dressing (or use a recipe for Olive Garden's House Dressing)
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large glass or wooden salad serving bowl, toss together the lettuce mix, onion slices, olives, pepperoncini, tomatoes, and croutons. Add dressing and toss to combine.
- Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste.
I usually order this salad and their Zuppa Toscana and rarely order anything else off the menu. I was out of pepperoncini so a slice of serrano chili filled in the role nicely. Omitted the croutons because we served this with Recipe #69004. Made my own quick vinaigrette recipe as follows: 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, pinch of unbleached white sugar. pinch salt, few sprinkles of freshly ground black pepper. Allow to marinate at least an hour for best flavor. Thank you! cg
VERY TASTY!! My 2 1/2 yr old had three helpings, and I gave myself a slight tummy ache! Our go to salad when we want Italian.
Just like the real thing!