Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, heat oil until fragrant. Add onions and saffron and saute 3 minutes or until onions are soft. Keep broth warm in a separate pot. Add rice to the onions and stir for 2 minutes. Add white wine and let evaporate.
- Add the broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed by the rice. Continue to add until all of the broth has been used. Turn off heat.
- Add butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine with rice/risotto. Transfer to large bowl and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately. Finished risotto should be creamy and rice is firm.
This is the best risotto we have ever had! Easy to do, and with a subtle olive flavour from the oil, it is simply delicious!!