Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from the files of Riserva di Fizzano and the Rocca delle Macie Winery – Olive Garden’s Italian Partners.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 5 cups chicken broth or 5 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, chopped (garnish)
- Heat oil, add onions and cook 3 minutes or until onions are soft. Keep broth warm in a separate pot. Add rice to onions and stir for 2 minutes. Add white wine and let evaporate.
- Add the broth, about 1 cup at a time, stirring frequently. Wait until each addition is almost completely absorbed by the rice. Continue to add broth until rice is creamy and cooked al dente.
- Turn off heat. Add butter and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine with rice/risotto. Transfer to large bowl. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately. Finished risotto should be creamy and rice is firm.